The Blog Page Template can be applied to any page where you’d like to display a list of your posts.
Note: The demo does not use the Blog Page template. See Homepage Settings for information about how the posts page is set up on the demo.
To use this template, go to Pages > Add New to create a new page in your WordPress dashboard and configure it as described below.
- Start by giving the page a Title (example: Blog).
- In the Page Attributes box on the right side of the screen, use the drop down to select the Blog template.
- Leave the content area blank. The blog template will auto-populate the page with your blog post list.
- Click Publish to preserve your settings.
Next, go to Genesis > Theme Settings > Blog Page Template, and configure the content you wish to display on this page.
- Choose whether you’d like to display All Categories or a single category on the page.
- If you’d like to exclude one or more categories from being displayed on the page, add the category IDs here.
- Choose how many posts will be displayed on this page. Note: This setting is different from the Blog pages show at most setting on Settings > Reading.
Once you have completed your configuration, click Save Settings at the bottom of the page (not shown here) to preserve your changes.
Also, you may wish to add a link to this page in your navigation menu so your site visitors can find it.